Friday, June 28, 2013

Bite of the Week - Crab Sunhat

Wow...i can't believe it's been 10 days since I posted last. I've been so busy getting the county fair hats ready and I just got a few more orders. That's no excuse to ignore you lovely fans that want something fun to read. I enjoy blogging (in my head anyway). As i've mentioned before, I have a lot of awesome blog posts in my head. I write them out while doing laundry or dishes or vacuuming. The real test is whether or not I find the time to sit and hash them out here on my actual blog. 

I know many of you experience this. You spread yourself a little too thin in an attempt to create many great things. That has been the trial of the whole blog/business experience. Where do I place my time and how much of it do I place there. 

My thoughts on the matter: I'm a list maker and an evaluator at heart. I think if we take time (and by that I mean a few minutes) now and then to evaluate what we're doing and if it's making us happy then we will find balance. I hear that a lot...we need to find "balance". Well, if you look at someone balancing something (like a ball on their nose or bowls while riding a unicycle.....that's how I feel anyway) they are making constant little adjustments to keep things from falling down. 

                          Like the lady from America's Got Talent this last week. She was amazing.

That's what I think we need to apply to our lives. Just watching and evaluating how things are going and making little adjustments here and there. 

You never (or rarely...i've never seen someone) see a person perfectly balancing those glasses on those plates while on the unicycle. In perfect constant balance. NOPE my friends...it just doesn't happen. So let us make a small resolution to evaluate now and then and make the little adjustments we need to find balance. And realize NO ONE IS PERFECT. We do what we can and find happiness along the way.

Okay, enough of my philisophical rank ....let me share with you something that has made me happy this week. This cute Crab Sunhat. It's great for little boys (or big boys if that's their cup o' tea).



pattern by Snappy Tots found here




 I like when I can find cute crafty boy things....they so often get neglected in the crafting world. You can get your own Crab Sunhat and help you're little guy keep the sun out of his cute face. 


 





Thanks for reading my little rant...share your thoughts on keeping balance in life and have a fabulously crafty day!



No comments:

Post a Comment