Friday, September 20, 2013

Craft Attack: Wonder Woman Apron

You know the saying "put on your big girl panties and deal with it"? Well i've never been a big fan of it because I don't think "big girl panties" would be all that attractive. I mean....can't we think of something more flattering to put on when life gets hairy and we have to just make it work.

So as i've wondered this something awesome happened....i happened upon an image on google and fell in LOVE with it. 


 
I did a little digging and found the etsy shop it went to. Sadly, at the time she didn't have a pattern and my skills were not such that I could replicate it without one.

A year or so passed and fate send some fun my way. I got an invitation to a bridal shower for the daughter of a friend. The wheels in my head started turning....what could I make her?

I crochet a lot but none of that seemed right. My husband suggested crocheted lingerie but ....well...that just seemed wrong (especially for someone I didn't know that well)   Then my little brain remembered this awesome apron. I thought to myself "you can do it...you can figure it out" ...so I went back to look at the image AND to my awesome suprise she had written up the pattern as a PDF.....

WAHOOOOOO (less work if I don't have figure it out myself)

I got the pattern and fabric and off I went. After just a couple of hours this beautiful apron was born. (I just love it)



Now instead of "big girl panties" you can put on your "wonder woman apron" and deal with a situation. It's much more attractive!!!!!

I couldn't stop at one (i'm a sucker for those "buy 2" at a discounted price deal). So I found out the brides favorite color and made her The Coquette as well.


 I really love the neckline and vintage look of this one.





Modern Vintage Designs (the designer) has many other patterns that are just adorable (i may do one of the ruffled ones next).







Her patterns were well written and easy to follow. If you are in need of a gift for someone or just something fun for yourself I would totally recommend these patterns.(especially the wonder woman one...it's my favorite)

She's also on facebook so you can see any fun upcoming patterns she has...head over and show her some love and tell her I sent you!

Have a fabulous day everyone! Stop by again.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Wonder Woman one! I might have to breakout the sewing maching soon.
    --Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun to make....i bought extra fabric to make one for myself too! Just gotta find the time.

      Delete